Re: (Off-Topic) Oh No! Buick Fever!

To: 240z-club@PEAK.ORG, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, kyle@sonic.net
Subject: Re: (Off-Topic) Oh No! Buick Fever!
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 99 12:14:59 CST
Little Humor on the Buick.

While in High School, I had worked at a gas station. The owner's
son owned one, which left him stranded one days. Towed back into
the shop, to discover a bad fuel tank. Pump was internal in the
tank, rare those days. After draining and dropping the tank,
installed a new pump, only to discover the "pump" was bad.

They had finished installing the SECOND electric pump, which was
also "bad". Scratching their heads, I made the mistake of asking
"was there any power to the pump?". Seems the fule pump relay was
operated by an oil pressure switch. Bad oil pressure switch (easy
to replace), fixed the "bad pump".

I still think it is a good safety idea, as it will cut the pump off
if the engine stalls (or you are in nasty wreck). The owner, and
his son, were not amused of being "upstaged" by the kid who cleaned
up the bays at night. Seemed simple to me.

Cheers,

Tom "sometimes it is best not to say anything" Walter
Austin, TX.