Distributor Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor Question
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:49:18 EST
Hello,

I just made a visit into my distributor to see if it was the "ideal"
distributor, so to speak.  I removed the cap and rotor and points and
condensor and plate...

I saw another plate that seemed to secure the weights.  I was unable to remove
this rectangular plate to look at the markings on the weights.  This leads me
to the question of, "do I have a correct distributor?"

I have taken the 1600 distributor apart with Fred Katz before and it was much
more simple then what took place a few days ago.  The distributor that is in
use in my 67.5 2000 has the following markings.

Inside the distributor it says, "K32"
It also says on the rectangular plate, "17.5"  (I am guessing that this refers
to the weights)

Any information would be great.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL000248 Solex