Fwd: Distributor Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Distributor Question
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:36:39 EST

--part0_920993800_boundary

In a message dated 3/9/99 8:32:00 AM Mountain Standard Time, BERKEN writes:

<< << I just checked Tom Walters' Distributor FAQ to be sure, and as I
  thought, the "17.5" denotes the degree of advance the distributor is set
  to. Seems odd for a 67.5 - I would have thought it would have the
  earlier, 7.5 deg. distributor.

  Gary McCormick
  '70 2000
  San Jose, CA
  ------------------------------ >>

 Michael,

 That would be a "smog" distributor all right.  I would check the bushings on
it and if they are worn out, call one of the usual suppliers and get a new
one.  They are about $160 and well worth it. You get a NEW unit with tight
bushings, new vac advance (2000s have them?) points, condensor, etc.  Made a
big difference in my 1600, including raising the mileage about 3-4 mpg.  Since
yours is apparently from another later car, no way to know how old.

 Joseph Berkenbile
 70 1600
 Albuquerque

--part0_920993800_boundary