Re: Clutch Master Cylinder

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:38:38 -0800
I recently cleaned up my Clutch Master Cylinder. Point the open end into a
plastic bag, and shoot some compressed air into the fluid line fitting.
Just a little bit of air will make that sucker fly out. If you don't have a
bag to catch it, you'll search everywhere to find the parts!

Someone told me that rebuilding these master cylinders are excercises in
futility, but both brake and clutch master cylinders are holding up for the last
six weeks without any problems. I used rebuild kits with all new seals. There
was minor pitting inside the cylinders. I used crocus cloth to polish the
insides of the cylinders.

Be sure you also do the clutch slave cylinder. No sense doing the master, if the
slave is gunked up. The slave is really simple to do.

I use Dot 4 fluid. I'll send a diagram soon as I find it.

Fred - So.SF