Re: Perfict alt. conversion!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Perfict alt. conversion!!
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 99 11:11:25 CST
Kevin,

Next week we will be discussing how to replace the wiring harness. ;-(

Seriously, just "bolting in" a large current alternator without up
grading the harness, and bypassing the stock ammeter is asking for
a disaster.

Everything may work "just fine" for years. If you get a loose/dirty
connection then it is a matter of time before you have a nasty
problem.

Worst I have seen was a roadster that decided to melt it's harness,
and caught the car on fire.  The rear end and engine block were the
only things not melted!

Fusible links, additional wiring from the batter to alternator,
beefy ground connections, and lots of common sense will prevent
some major headaches down the road.

Cheers,

Tom