Gas now - was Ugly?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Subject: Gas now - was Ugly?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:25:45 -0800
Hey Tom, I show my age when I say I used to buy gas for 24c a gallon, when
I started driving in 1967. I used to work gas stations in high school and
college. At Texaco, I worked my butt off cleaning windshields, checking
oil, water and tires, etc. (mandatory for every customer). The perk was
getting to use the lift to do lube jobs and other maintenance on my cars
every few weeks, as sole attendant on some shifts! Sigh...

BTW, we're getting gouged in SF, prices are still way above $1/gallon, more
like $1.20. But the lower prices make it easier to use up a tank every
month on the roadster, because of that short shelf life nowadays for the
"new" gas.

Have you entered your EV in an autoX meet yet? I'd love to see that!

Fred - So.SF