Re: Gas now - was Ugly?

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Gas now - was Ugly?
From: Roadster6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:37:04 EST
In a message dated 2/22/99 6:30:26 PM Central Standard Time,
Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us writes:

<< Hey Tom, I show my age when I say I used to buy gas for 24c a gallon, when
 I started driving in 1967. I used to work gas stations in high school and
 college. At Texaco, I worked my butt off cleaning windshields, checking
 oil, water and tires, etc. (mandatory for every customer). The perk was
 getting to use the lift to do lube jobs and other maintenance on my cars
 every few weeks, as sole attendant on some shifts! Sigh...

I remember working summers in the Enco station, before they found out "ENCO"
meant something nasty in Namibia and changed it to Exxon...
but I digress (as usual), Fred, if you were like me, I looked forward to
cleaning windshields and it was always a treat to linger trying to get that
last bug off the window of some cute little thing wearing a short skirt...but
then again, I was younger than and could blame it on hormones, now I'm just a
dirty old man...