Re: Gas now - was Ugly?

To: "ROADSTER" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas now - was Ugly?
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:49:24 -0600
>We're getting gouged in San Diego!
>I paid $1.479 / Shell premium Sat. morning to go to CDM in Vista, had a good
>time, took the long way home and had to by more gas. (Solexes - I only get 12
>mpg)  ->   ;- )
>Got to braek-in the engine.
>PS, I paid 19.9 for gas when I started driving.
>--
>Philip Erickson

I see prices ranging all the way from the low $0.80/gal range to just
under $1.00/gal, highest in north Dallas. I, too, remember real service
stations (one summer I ran new Shell stations til they were leased), gas
wars ($0.17.9/gal), S&H Green Stamps and glassware. Usually Southwest
Conference, so it must have been Exxon (Humble at that time).

Of course, at the time I was driving a hopped up '61 Biscayne V-8 and
couldn't afford to fill it up since I was making $2.35/hr (as a manager).
Ah, for the good old days at Green Valley, Caddo Mills and Kennedale. I
also remember wrenching all night after breaking something at the track.
Nowadays a couple of hours is about my limit.

Later, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)