Re: Engine Installation

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, djm@svsu.edu
Subject: Re: Engine Installation
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 99 10:42:51 CST
Dave,

Quite a few roadsters are running around with the L16/L18 engines
under the hood.

To keep the hood stock, you'll need to "notch" the front cross member
to clear the oil pump. Take a look at both engines, and you'll see
where the L16 oil pump is located.

You'll also should fit SU carb's to the L series motor. Manifold is
not the same as the R16 engine.

The L20B, is about an inch taller than the L16/L18 engines, and may
have a little more clearance problems.

Stan Chernoff sells a conversion kit, which will have the motor
mounts and details about the conversion.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX