Almost new guy

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Almost new guy
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:58:23 -0700
Hello Bill again:  I will answer some of the questions  from last
night's and today's email.  First I live in Carlsbad , New Mexico.  I
got the first roadster when I lived in Long Beach, Cal.  I got the other
one in El Paso, 175 miles away.  The V6 came from a pickup as it is
only thing Nissan used it in that was rear wheel drive.  The
installation is not to bad,but some clearences are close, it will fit.
Motor mounts must be fabricated, (I think I have the patterns some where
if I can find them I could send them to those interested ), the tranny
will mount to the x part of the frame only 2 holes to be drilled .   A
header is necessary on the left side to clear the steering rod .  the V6
temp sender will work the gauge, the clutch needs only a hose adapter.
A mount is needed for the alternator.  A shorter drive shaft is
necessary with roadster u joints on one end and pu u joints on the
other.    If you don't use the pu computer you will need one for the
ignition,  I used an MSD programable one, ditto the fuel injection  or
use a carb;  requiring only a flat adapter plate.  I feared that the pu
tranny might  be geared to low for the car but it works fine,  the 5th
overdrive really is nice with the 3.89 rear these cars came with.   for
now:  Bill