Re: Brake Drums

To: "Thomas Walter" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake Drums
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 12:58:16 -0600
>Remember the heater is actually a small radiator. Bypass it, with
>a direct line, and you'll be feeding hot water back through the engine
>without a cooling path.
>
>I would recommend making sure the cooling system is up to par.
>
>Use a thermostat. Very least, if running without a thermostat -
>I would still use a "restrictor" plate (nothing more than a large
>washer with a hole in it) to help keep the engine from forming hot
>pockets around the head.

Understand about the heater. I was thinking more in terms of a track only
car (like our in progress E/P car) where the heater core has been
removed. I also realize on a street car if the heater water valve is
closed that there would not be flow through that part of the system.

I was just just wondering if it might help even out chamber to chamber
temps if you looped the water through the head in a competition oriented
motor? Too much time to think, I guess. <G> I'm not aware of the L-series
motors being prone to hot spots anyway. Don't know about the R or U
series.

Later, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)