Re: Brake Drums

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Drums
From: WayneLoom@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 21:38:54 EST
Alot of drums (especially aluminum) have small threaded holes into which you
can thread the appropriate bolt and apply pressure to seperate the drum from
the axle it may be rusted (corroded) to.  Also, ex-Unser mechanics I once
knew, and who worked for a Datsun dealer (doing excellent work on my first
2000) taught me to use a brass hammer on the edge of the drum (not the fins -
the rounded edge) to "pop" them loose. Works every time and I never damaged a
fin or drum.

<< When I need to remove a STUCK aluminum brake drum. I place a good size
 OAK (hardwood) board behind the fins. Then pound on the board. Keeps
 from damaging the fins. >>