Brake Drums

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Drums
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 99 11:42:14 CST

I've been up to my ears with Lawyers the last month... time
for a break and to think of DATSUN BRAKE DRUM's:

Rear Brake Drums:

'66 - '67 1600  -- Cast Iron
'67.5 an on (1600 & 2000's) -- finned aluminum

Roadster's use 7/16" wheel studs.

While the "240Z" drums also have rear finned aluminum
drums, you'll discover they are drilled for the 12mm stud
size.  Little bit of a sloppy fit on a roadster. If they
are bolted up a little off, you'll increase the vibration
problem.

If you do want to use a 240Z drum, it would be best to have
another set of holes (45 degree offset) drilled, with the
proper 7/16" hole.

Just remember to coat the aluminum to steel axle area with
a thin coat of antisieze to make it easier to remove those
brake drums in the future.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX