brake problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: brake problems
From: wadwerks@webtv.net (jon waddell)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:33:08 -0800 (PST)
I pulled the wheles on my 69 today and to my surprise I found tht there
was air starting to show through a spot in the tire. If that was all it
would be fine but noooo! I found that one of the left rer brake drum was
full of brake fluid, probobly just a wheel cylender but to early to
tell. Next on to the lef side, when I pulled the drum off that side to
my surprise I found that the brake shoes were rough and the drum was
smoth that colud only mean one thing no contact. Now to the strang partI
was wondering i anybody could describe the main differance between a
2000 dum and a 240Z drum as I am new to the roadster side of things, and
does anny one now if you can use a wheel cylender out of another car
that is a little easier to find. Thaks for helping me ease my brake
worries.

Jon Waddell
69 2000
Hanford ca.