new to list-looking at a roadster to buy this week

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: new to list-looking at a roadster to buy this week
From: "michael miller jr." <redfox@graceba.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:15:38 -0600
Hi, i'm new to the list. I just found a 69 roadster and parts car in my
area for $875. I don't know a lot about these cars but am very
interested in getting one. If you guys could tell me if this sounds like
a good deal and anything I might need to look for when I see it I would
appreciate it.  It's been sitting about 10 years. Its a complete solex
version(?). The engine and tranny were rebuilt not long before parking.
Head shaved and cam towers shimmed. He said that before parking it it
would overheat. Since that time he thinks  the prob is due to improper
install of cam tower shimms. Says its possible if the cam sprocket is
not prop removed during shim install. Says its easily corrected,is he
right. He said it has very minor rust,its been covered mostly since
parked. Thats about all I know so far. I hope to see it friday. I'd
appreciate any suggestions. thanks