Re: Solex's again.

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, rwmannco@interport.net
Subject: Re: Solex's again.
From: Jsk977@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:17:06 EST
My 2 cents.... Since my 67.5 came with Solex's I never spent much time in an
SU car for comparison, but I never had any drivability problems with the
Solex's. As to low end performance, the Solex's and B cam made my switch to a
4.38:1 LSD diff. very desireable. With that combo, the car was a dream on the
street and highway, and the intake "moan" at full throtle was worth the
reduced gas mileage.  On the other hand, my roadster replaced a '59 MGA with 1
1/2 H4 SU's, and they were always a pain..... to each his own.

Jerry Krakauer