Re: Solex's again.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solex's again.
From: Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:59:54 -0500
Actually, Daniel, both my '88 Honda Accord Lxi and '98 Dodge Grand
Caravan get better mileage, drive smoother, never foul plugs, backfire
or smell up the garage with raw gas, Redline, octane boost and hot
friction material smells.  Going back in time, same was true for the '64
bug, '69 BMW 2002 (OK, did emit hot friction material smells...), '78
Honda Accord, '83 Porsche 944 (hot friction material smells...), '86
Honda Civic and '96 Jeep, too, all now long gone.

But fact is I still like driving the '69 2000 Solex the best...  So do
my kids, who flip for the right seat.

Don't confuse 'stumbling' with sharp throttle-on/throttle-off
performance, or a non-committal right foot.  These can be cured, and
it's both fun and rewarding.  And, forgive me, but it sounds like you
are within an eyelash of toasting the entire car with the thermo-nuclear
alternator set up you describe, pulsing lights and all...

All veteran roadster-philes know that the lights are supposed to go
**OUT** at 4500 RPM!

- Bob Mann