Re: Lotus Logo (No Esprit content)

To: "Andres Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>,
Subject: Re: Lotus Logo (No Esprit content)
From: Mike Causer <mikec@cam-ani.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 98 16:17:21 +0100
Mike Causer wrote on Tue, 23 Jun 98 -

> The earliest badges had a font with an exagerated serif,

<pantomime>
Oh no they didn't!
</panto>

> I've got a couple of genuine Lotus letters from about 1954, I'll see if the
>logo
> is scannable.

On a letter which is undated, but signed by Hazel _Williams_ which makes it 1955
or earlier (probably 1954 from the text), the Lotus logo has a sans serif font,
like the '60s one but not as bold.  A private communication from a collector of
Lotus ephemera says that a letter from Hornsey in 1957 and another from Cheshunt
in 1962 had the heavy serifed font, but the "conventional" sans serif is on a
document from 1965.

And of course, I forgot the two "Wickens" Lotus logos, which had a serifed font.

Mike

  Mike Causer -- Support Manager -- Cambridge Animation Systems
  Email: MikeC@cam-ani.co.uk             Phone: +44 1223 578100
  Web: http://www.cam-ani.co.uk/           Fax: +44 1223 578101