Elan shifter

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Elan shifter
From: Michael and Betty Braun <elan66@ccia.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:50:09 -0700
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the rubber bushed shifter was
introduced as the "anti-sizzle shifter". I think the object was to
isolate the driver from direct inputs of gear selection, noise and
vibration. Kind of the opposite of what we want, yes? I used the rubber
shifter for many years, and liked it UNTIL I put in the ultra close box
and direct shifter. It is hard to imagine a nicer gearbox/shifter, if
only I could stop reaching for fifth.....;)

                                        Mike
                                        New Castle Pa.