Re: [British-cars] TR3A Long Island

To: "brian fitzgerald" <bfitz241@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [British-cars] TR3A Long Island
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:47:46 -0700
I just scanned the NY Vehicle and Traffic Law and NY Lien Law.  I saw
nothing in there about third parties like landlords being able to do what
you have been told was done.  Under Lien Law Section 201, notice has to be
given to the owner.  There are NY cases that say that the person who
conducted the sale without making reasonable efforts to give you notice is
liable for your loss.  Unless your car was there completely unmarked, with
no VIN or license plate, or you actually were mailed a notice and never
responded, I still think you are getting bad advice and need a new
attorney.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.