Re: [British-cars] TR3A Long Island

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] TR3A Long Island
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:27:02 -0800
Gang,
I had an old Plymouth coupe at my friend, Charlie's, body shop in San Francisco
(about 20 years ago) where I was doing (actually learning) the body work and
block sanding & priming before it was to be painted in his booth - While this
was going on, Charlie's Japanese partner got investigated by the IRS and split
back to Japan leaving Charlie holding the bag - Since my car was there without
a proper work order and paperwork, it would have been confiscated and sold at
auction BECAUSE I WASN"T PROPERLY BOOKED IN AS A CUSTOMER! They knew that the
Feds were coming at dawn so I got a 1:00AM call to come down and get the car
out now!!!! - Brakes were out so I had to drive it home using the parking brake
(a small drum on the driveshaft!) - What was the paperwork like on the Triumph
- was there a written estimate and work order - If so, there was no "due
dilligence" and they never bothered to find you. Were the license plates with
the car and was it currently registered?  There are more questions than
answers.....

Best,

Rick Feibusch