RE: What are we owned by?

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, Herald1200@aol.com,
Subject: RE: What are we owned by?
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:14:22 -0400
== british-cars at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Hi,

Wow, if that is what life is like on the West coast, perhaps it is
time to move east, perhaps Nova Scotia where the living is easy. I
wouldn't be able to handle that type of driving. A traffic jam here
is having to wait for two red lights to get through an intersection.

Life in the slow lane?
Bob

At 07:37 PM 1/5/2006, Dodd, Kelvin wrote:

>== british-cars at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
>==    http://fatchancegarage.com
>
>Andy:
>
>I have had some bad experiences commuting on the 101 between Ventura and
>Santa Barbara.  My 1965 MGB was rear ended by a VW bus, that lost
>control after being hit by a speeder.  Then a couple of years later my
>1999 Mazda Miata was rear ended by a Peterbilt tractor that lost control
>after locking up the wheels.  With the Mazda, I could see the action in
>my rear view mirror and was accelerating as fast as the car could go
>just before the impact.  That saved my life.  Even so the car was
>shortened by two feet.
>
>I've replaced the Miata with a 1970 MGB.  I installed a supercharger so
>that the car does have an edge if a similar situation ever threatens.
>There have been a couple of cases where the ability to accelerate around
>a threat has been the best option.  One that I did not feel I had before
>installing the blower.
>
>I am still running wire wheels and close to stock tires though.
>

>Kelvin Dodd
>

>Just curious as to why so many folks supposedly feel so unsafe in  these
>cars
>and feel that bigger motors and tires are the same/only solution for
>them,
>as they seem to be for the "Rice Rocket" crowd. ;-)
>
>--Andy Mace

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info (or .org)
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net