RE: What are we owned by?

To: <Herald1200@aol.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What are we owned by?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:37:12 -0800
== british-cars at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Andy:

I have had some bad experiences commuting on the 101 between Ventura and
Santa Barbara.  My 1965 MGB was rear ended by a VW bus, that lost
control after being hit by a speeder.  Then a couple of years later my
1999 Mazda Miata was rear ended by a Peterbilt tractor that lost control
after locking up the wheels.  With the Mazda, I could see the action in
my rear view mirror and was accelerating as fast as the car could go
just before the impact.  That saved my life.  Even so the car was
shortened by two feet.

I've replaced the Miata with a 1970 MGB.  I installed a supercharger so
that the car does have an edge if a similar situation ever threatens.
There have been a couple of cases where the ability to accelerate around
a threat has been the best option.  One that I did not feel I had before
installing the blower.

I am still running wire wheels and close to stock tires though.

Kelvin Dodd

Just curious as to why so many folks supposedly feel so unsafe in  these
cars
and feel that bigger motors and tires are the same/only solution for
them,
as they seem to be for the "Rice Rocket" crowd. ;-)

--Andy Mace