Re: What are we owned by?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What are we owned by?
From: dlou <dlou@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:03:45 -0800
== british-cars at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:24:44AM -0800, Richard Feibusch wrote:
> The reason that one sees less and less old cars in metropolitan areas is that
>stock ones are almost dangerous (especially small ones) because of the
>aggressive driving and offensive weapon quality of most SUVs and the huge
>pickups that folks are driving instead of cars.

I think the reason is the current HP war.  When I was in high school,
a 20yr old Dodge put out 425hp.  A then current V12 Ferrari only 340hp.
(Yes, I know the SAE standard changed, but still...)

Today, it is extremely rare to find a current production model car without
an engine option that will top a 1981 120hp V8 Ford Mustang.

-Dennis