Re: LED lights for instrument panels

To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: LED lights for instrument panels
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:06:35 -0700
I have tried the H1157. From what I can tell,the problem is that
although the stop/turn filament is much brighter, the apparent visual
difference is not very great. The turn/stop filament gets so hot that it
doesnt have time to go completely out between turn signal blinks & so
appears to be on continuously. Not much contrast.

Yes, the 2357 is an improvement.

A real improvement is to use a center high mount stop lamp with about
eight led bulbs in it. One of the few concessions that I have made to
non stock in the interest of safety. CHMSL's are available in a wide
range of sizes & mounts including magnetic mount. I wired mine to come
on with the brake lamps & with either turn lamp.

Dave Russell