RE: LED lights for instrument panels

To: cak@dimebank.com
Subject: RE: LED lights for instrument panels
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:58:27 -0800
> These bulbs made a huge difference, especially
> during daylight.  With the old bulbs I got lots of complaints that my
brake
> lights and turn
> signals were not visible in bright sunlight.

Roland, any comment on the complaint I've heard from others about the H1157,
that the brake filament is not much brighter than the tail filament, thus
it's still hard for a following driver to see your brake lights at night ?

FWIW, there is another, conventional incandescent bulb that replaces the
1157 but has a brighter (and shorter lived) brake filament.  It's called the
2357 (also available in yellow as 2357NA).  There's also a 2357LL "long
life" variant, I paid about $4 for two of them at Pep Boys.

Randall