Re: FW: TR6

To: Jack Gagnon <bullitt@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: FW: TR6
From: Charles Van Middlesworth <vanmiddl@kcmetro.cc.mo.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:02:30 -0500
Jack,

It sounds like to me you are very interested in obtaining a TR - with that
statement, anyone who wants to have the TR flu I am more than willing to help
out!   I agree with Rick's comments that if we know what you are looking for
we can be on the look-out for a car.  I live in Kansas City and we have active
British sports car groups in the metroplex - thus, we become aware of when
people want to sell their cars.  I personally believe that if you live in an
area that does not have many TR's then you must decide whether or not you are
willing to travel for a car.  Last year I was actively looking for early to
mid-80's 911 Porsche and made up my mind very quickly (especially when I saw
the prices people wanted for cars in KC) to travel to get one.  In the case of
the TR it depends on what you want from a car.  Prior to having my '74 TR6
motor overhauled my mechanic had a car come in that had strong mechanicals,
probably needed a fender or two (if you wanted no rust) and an interior for
under $2000.  I drove the car and it was quick and solid - so if you want a
project car that runs while you are spiffying it up! there are those.  And
there are cars for $9000 that are near perfect.  Let me know what you have in
mind and I will keep my eyes open.

Charles
Kansas City