Re: TR6

To: "Jack Gagnon" <bullitt@cybertours.com>,
Subject: Re: TR6
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:08:08 -0400
> I have only looked at a few TR6's so far, how hard is it to find rust free
> cars?
>
> I think the car is worth considering, but I do not think it is worth the
> money they are asking.  What is the lists opinion?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jack

That guy is basically asking you to pay a dollar for every mile the car has
covered in it's life!  Which I could get that kind of resale from my cars...

Anyhow, don't rush.  I got lucky and found a rust free TR6 on a whim,
looking through the Sunday paper saw a TR6 forsale (was actually looking for
a TVR), had the money... ran down, looked it over and put down a deposit.
Paid in full the following weekend.

Then again, I bought the world's rustiest MGB a few years ago... and that
was because I was too over anxious to purchase one.  Final outcome?  Parted
it out, and will be selling the parts at the swapmeet tomorrow in Bristol
PA.

But for $12k you can purchase a nicely restored, rarely used TR6.. although
it will have much higher miles it'll be in better mechanical and cosmetic
condition.

Search, search, search...

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1974 Triumph TR-6S (as in supercharged, and still not worth $12k)