Re: poor parts

To: "JAMES BROCK" <brockj@muohio.edu>, <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: poor parts
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:42:25 -0400
Folks,

Why do not suppliers say ""this is the "standard" rubber bit and here is
the "deluxe" rubber bit.  You choose and pay your money""
I got some parts recently and I had a choice between two qualities - One
was 50% more expensive but miles better quality (I am doing up a car to
last - guess which one I bought??)

At 10:27 AM 6/28/00 -0400, JAMES BROCK wrote:
>After finishing a  rebuild of my Midget a few years back, I'm happy to add
my two cents to this thread too.

>I'm willing to pay top price for top quality parts,  but what I really
resent is paying astronomically high prices for abysmally poor quality
parts.

>I agree with the others:  Tell us what we're getting, and let the market
work  by supplying the price/quality combination that's best for us.

>It sure does p*** me off to see the new body rubber pieces deteriorating
after only a couple of years, especially when I think about the hard work
involved in replacing it the first time around, and the even harder work in
re-replacing it now (avoiding the latter was why I did the full restoration
in the first place).

>Jim Brock
>'77 Midget
>'58 MGA in piece