RE: cheap parts

To: "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: cheap parts
From: "Scheuble, Fred J., HiServ/NA" <fjscheuble@hiserv-na.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:53:51 -0400
very well put

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Thomas [mailto:vafred@erols.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 1:08 PM
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: cheap parts

Just my .02 on this subject, most of you have already covered the high
points very well, my points are = when do the vendors pass along the extra
savings from the cheap"Far-East" suppliers to the buying public, "NEVER",
when do they tell you, I now buy in the "Far-East" because of my cost/profit
factor, quality must be sacrificed to keep my profit stucture in line,
someone said you can have your choice of 2, "quality, service, price, where
do I get service for a  part from the "Far-East that is defective junk, who
pays the labor, agrivation and total stress on the road side, where does
service come in for a "do it yourselfer". The so called "Big-3" in the U.S.,
and the 2 in the U/K (one of our "3"), needs to know how "ALL" of the
marquees feel about their parts and price, these LBC lists are a big start,
now get it into the club meetings, write more letters, bitch, complain,
return the the junk, start yelling for some labor cost relief, quality,
you'll see results, a individual is not very strong, a group can be heard, a
very large body of hobbiest can be feared, thats my feelings.  "FT"