Rubber Bits

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rubber Bits
From: "shawnee" <shawnee@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:46:30 +1200
Fellow listers

The discussion on rubber bits over the last few days has been most
informative for someone like me who is just starting out on his "classic
British car journey". Whilst I appreciate that the particular supplier under
the list's scrutiny is outside of New Zealand the time may come when I may
need to import parts for my new Morris 12 projects. I am not aware of any
problems with rubber parts manufactured in New Zealand nor am I aware if we
even recycle used-up Japanese imported retreads for this purpose! From where
I live, deep in the heart of South Island farming country, used up tyres are
used as weights on tarpaulins covering winter food stock (hay) for farm
animal stock!!

Maybe someone else from NZ can provide some info.

Thanks for the debate it has been interesting reading. I will certainly
consult all of you if or when I need to import some rubber bits.

Best wishes from NZ.

Stephen Farquhar
1957 Series III Morris Oxford
1936 Morris 12 (2+ in bits)