SU Pumps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Pumps
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 09:40:00 -0500
Once again, I'm piping up late. But, better late
than never.

TVRVixen@aol.com says throw them su pumps as far as possible.
I, for one, have never been left by the side of the road for
a faulty pump. When I collected my '74 BGT in '89, I removed
the pump, cleaned it up and reset the points. It has not
missed a beat since. However, the ground connection ( which
is shared with the side marker lights) once became rusty and
corroded. As a result, the marker lights would flash on and
off when the pump was energizing. Every so often the ground
would fail altogether causing the pump to falter. Again, not
the pump at fault.

Alan