Re[2]: GT6+ water valve

To: emp0375@umoncton.ca, meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
Subject: Re[2]: GT6+ water valve
From: "Gendimenico, Mike A" <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 04:23:47 pst
/  Michel, you can service your hot water valve.  It's most likely the
/diaphragm which is ripped.  If you can't find a New GT-6 heater valve,
/you can remove the diaphragm from one which you can buy, MGB, Spitfire, etc.
/and install it in the GT-6 body.
/       Note: you can use a Spitfire heater valve, but the heat settings on
/your dash will be reversed.
/  I hope this helps.

Ahhhh, so this is why my GT6 heater settings are reversed!  The PO
replaced the heater valve, I kind of thought maybe it was from a
different car.  The GT6 valves are available, but at $36, I'll leave my
settings reversed.  The Spitfire valves are about $10 more than the
GT6s, don't know why though.

Mike
mike_a_gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com