Re: GT6+ water valve

To: Michel Pelletier <emp0375@umoncton.ca>
Subject: Re: GT6+ water valve
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 11:39:46 -31702 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 Aug 1994, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> The water valve on my 1970 GT6+ seems to be regurgitating a little
> coolant.  It all started when I moved the heater control to the hot
> position one night.  But now, it leaks coolant even in the cold
> position.  Is the water valve serviceable or repairable, could I remove
> that rivet, pop the cover off and replace a seal with a local one?  Or do
> I have to replace this part?
>
> Michel

  Michel, you can service your hot water valve.  It's most likely the
diaphragm which is ripped.  If you can't find a New GT-6 heater valve,
you can remove the diaphragm from one which you can buy, MGB, Spitfire, etc.
and install it in the GT-6 body.
        Note: you can use a Spitfire heater valve, but the heat settings on
your dash will be reversed.
  I hope this helps.
                                Greg Meboe  meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu