Questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Questions
From: bishel@lobby.ti.com
Date: Thu Jan 20 14:53:14 1994
Hi Folks,
I'm finally making some good headway in my attempts to distill one good MG
Midget from two - my complete and assembled but very rusty '74, and my
nearly complete and not rusty but disassembled-in-boxes-when-I-bought-it
'71.  I'm getting to the point now that I need some advice:

I've heard that brake line fittings on some LBC's are odd (for US) - maybe
Whitworth threads?  Can I buy the fittings readily in the US and make the
lines myself?  Is there a cutoff point where older cars have wierd
fittings, and newer cars have fittings that I can get easily?  I'm not
worried about doing the piping, just getting the right fittings to match.

Does anyone know the recommended minimum thickness for Midget disk brake
rotors?  The wire wheel compatible ones I have seem to be pretty smooth,
but have surface rust, and are alot thinner than most modern disks I've
seen.

I've heard mention several times of 'cracks' in the A-arm pivot points
being a problem  - can I visually inspect for these, or do I need to
get my A-arms magnafluxed or something?

Before I can visually inspect, I need to clean these puppies up a bit -
anyone have any recommendations on cleaner/degreasers that are preferably
both strong, and safe (I've got preschoolers and animals at home) but
mainly safe?

Finally, any recommendations on what to use to clean up the vinyl interior?
It's in good condition - no rips or major scuffs, but it's dirty as all
getout.  Plus a neighborhood tomcat decided to use one of my seats as a
kittybox.

Thanks for the help folks,
Geoff Bishel                                 Think... It ain't illegal yet
bishel@lobby.ti.com                                           - G. Clinton