Re: Hobbyist alert in British Car mag

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hobbyist alert in British Car mag
From: montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 94 08:20:25 EST
Dan Parslow writes:

    I intend to look into this further, and if I find that such legislation
    is impending in my state, write some very sharp letters about the
    relative smog impact of hobby vehicles.  I hope others will do the same.

(Sorry for the non-LBC content.)

One conjecture I've seen is that the majority of the pollution associated
with an automobile's lifetime is that attributable to its manufacture. Does
anybody have any idea where to look for supporting evidence of such a claim?
Whether or not it would sway legislative buffoons, I can't tell, but
evidence about the pollution caused by auto manufacture can't hurt.

I would love it if I could justify putting about it old cars.

Skip (montanaro@crd.ge.com)