Re: Vibration on MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vibration on MGB
From: crenner@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 92 22:39:39 CST
I had a similar problem on my '79 MGB.  It would vibrate (harshly) at low to
midRPM while accelerating.  My problem turned out to be bad U-joints..they were
complete trash when I took them apart.  I had talked to someone at Seven
Enterprises about the problem before I found what it was.  He suggested some
things to check first.  Make sure your rear wheel lug nuts are on tight.  Check
the nuts that attach the driveshaft to the diff and tranny.  Have someone rev
the engine and look at the engine mounts...make sure they're not broken.
Just a few simple things to check, but chances are it's the U-joints.