Re: new enthusiast needs help (paul stafford)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, pauls@hpsrrjp.sr.hp.com
Subject: Re: new enthusiast needs help (paul stafford)
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 92 16:55:16 -0800
Paul, you are looking for a $1K to 2.5K English roadster that a 6 footer could
comfortably fit in??  You might be able to find an MGB  in that price range.

The Spits may be a little small for comfortable seating without customizing
the seat. A GT6 is out unless you want to sit on the floor with the driver's
seat out. TR3 & 4s can be had from 5K (OKish to fixer uppers) to 10-13K (real
nice condition) MGAs in any condition seem to be 8K+.  Big Healeys, 10K to
20K depending upon condition.  You might be able to get into a sixties,
not bug eye Sprite/ MG Migit for your stated price range.  I'm not sure about
fit for q 6 footer. I suspect it is better than the little Truimphs.

TR6's can be had for $5-7K, and I think Alpines are in the 4K ish ballpark.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

TeriAnn
'course now you might want to hold out for a Lotu Super 7 ;*)