parts registration

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: parts registration
From: Sarah A Sieling <ssieling@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 8:45:18 EDT
My husband, Roger, is an engineer for a company that designs the equipment that
will be marking the parts of new cars.  This system will not only help
(hopefully) the problem of tracing stolen cars, parts,  and chop shops but will
 help with
the inventory systems of car manufacturers and parts stores.  An awfully lot of
companies are using these part numbering machines on their machines for
inventory purposes.   I realize that the government is not requiring the car
manufacturers to label the parts for inventory reasons but this is one of the
ways this equipment can be used.

Maybe companies like this have a good lobby system.