Re: LBCs in Chicago

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: LBCs in Chicago
From: knipper@optilink.com (Ron Knipper)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 92 13:17:00 PDT
Garry Archer
> John R. Lupien
> > > Aston Martin DB4 GT, Lagonda, DB2/4 drophead
> >
> > "Every" description? So far, I have only seen an
> > "Aston Martin Lagonda Bulldog" in a rather nice
> > poster - has anyone on the list seen the real thing?
> > Tell me more about it if you have...
>
> You mean their rather angular luxury saloon?

Ever since Aston Martin acquired the Lagonda automobile company many
years ago, the term "Lagonda" has been used for any 4-door car
built by Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. (and all of its post-bankruptcy
reincarnations).

The Bulldog was a concept car built in the mid-seventies which was
meant to replace the AMV8 (which is quite sixties looking - I like
it).  Bulldog styling is similar to the Lagonda saloons.  It looks
somewhat like an Esprit, but more radical: very angular, low, wide,
lots of glass area, and gull-wing doors.  I beleive only 2 concept
cars were made by hacking up some AMV8 platforms.  The project was
cancelled due to financial difficulties and disappointing Lagonda
saloon sales.  Michael Bowler's book on Aston Martin V8's covers
this subject in detail.

Regards,

Ron Knipper
DSC Optilink