Re: LBCs in Chicago

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: LBCs in Chicago
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1992 10:25:49 -0400
John R. Lupien
> > Aston Martin DB4 GT, Lagonda, DB2/4 drophead
>
> "Every" description? So far, I have only seen an
> "Aston Martin Lagonda Bulldog" in a rather nice
> poster - has anyone on the list seen the real thing?
> Tell me more about it if you have...

You mean their rather angular luxury saloon?

I've seen two.  The first time was when I went to see the Road & Track
Challenge Trophy at Lime Rock several years ago.  There was an Aston
Martin team there (no, I _wasn't_ dreaming!).  I think it was basically
a team from the Aston dealer down in Greenwich, Connecticut.  They
had their Aston Martin Vantage race car, a Volante dhc, a Lagonda saloon
and a couple of Range Rovers for their crew.  The second and last Lagonda
saloon I've seen was when I attended USENIX in Anaheim, California a
couple of years ago.  After exiting the main airport building (the
airport at Orange County -- Wayne, I think), there was this absolutely,
drop-dead, gorgeous blonde lady stepping out of a perfect, jet-black
Lagonda parked against the curb (illegally I think!).  After picking
my jaw up from the pavement, I said to a workmate, "Yup, _this_ must be
California..."

It must have been LBC Show weekend, judging by a couple of reports.
It was also British Car day at Manchester, Connecticut on Sunday.
Unfortunately I missed it.  The next show in the area is at Indian
Wells, Shelton, Connecticut.  Sometime in October, I think.

        Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert