LBCs in Chicago

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: LBCs in Chicago
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Sep 14 08:11:47 1992
Just a quick report on British Car Day at Oakton Community College near Chi.
Since I get the digest, I missed Andy Green's Fri messages and ran into no
SOLs at the show.

I was the guy (the taller one) wearing the Sprite Mini Challenge t-shirt.

anyway, approximately 620 cars turned out.  lbc and bbc of every description.

MG  J2, SA and YB, along with numerous TCs, Bs and the like, including a well
done, but awful in spite of that 4 door MGB roadster about 20 ft long.

Land Rovers, including a Model 101 Forward Control ex-military model. very
odd

Aston Martin DB4 GT, Lagonda, DB2/4 drophead

at least half a dozen Sunbeam Tigers

HEALEY SILVERSTON, 1949, very nice

One fellow had an XK140 and XK 150S Jag with 100point pebble beach
overrestoration and also an AC Bristol, only 99.5 points.

1937 Alvis open touring car, won best in show.

Berkley roadster.

The only street driven Turner 1500 I have seen, rough but the fellow had
just purchased it the day before for $800!!

Many TR3s, very nice restored TR250 for sale $10,000, TR4 with very nicely
done ford 302 conversion

TR6 restored rolling chassis with drivetrain and no body.  also a Lotus
Europa in similar condition, but with handbuilt tube frame and cosworth BDA

TVR Griffith 200, nice shape, except for awful cragar mag wheels.  at TVR 2500
with RoverV8 conversion.  TVR 3000s and 280i

a number of very nice minis and mokes

Reliant Scimitar GTE, for sale 7500.

The wisniewskis lotus elans, beautiful cars, autocrossers. also a very nice
lotus elan sprint.

a car in restoration called a Trident

several Jensen Healeys and an Interceptor

It was beautiful day, there was a moderately nice swap meet, vendors of British
Food, British Tool Co (whitworth), Winner's Circle, The Roadster Factory and
others.

I did not bring my mini being in the process of between race maintenance and
up on jackstands...

jim fuerstenberg

                        186,000 miles per second, it's not just a good idea
                        it's the law!

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer