Reply to an earlier message regarding Aston Martins

To: British Car Nuts <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reply to an earlier message regarding Aston Martins
From: Tom Ahern <71213.2374@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Jan 93 17:04:32 EST
Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com> wrote (some time ago, I'm still getting
caught up on some of these messages):

>I have seen an Aston Martin Vantage racing at Lime Rock.  No other car,
>before or since, has set my heart pounding as much as that day, roughly
>eight years ago.

At the last 2 Vintage Festivals at Lime Rock, there has been a very nice
Aston Martin in BRG, that is set up for racing.  It has the twin plug 6
and triple Webers.  It is _not_ immaculate, and I mean that as a compliment,
because it is definitely driven and raced hard, not coddled as some others
are.  It is a hoot to watch at the track!  Noisy, big, and pretty fast. I
don't know much about these beasts, but I think I remember it as a DB5.

The same car was at the Brit car day at Larz Anderson Park in Boston this
past summer and I got a closer look and also spoke to owner/driver.  A very
nice guy who told some great stories about the car.

Tom Ahern