MGB V8 conversions

To: british-cars@autox.team.NET
Subject: MGB V8 conversions
From: PAISLEY@vms.cis.pitt.edu
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1993 16:25 EST
Does anyone out there have any experience with MGB V8 conversions?
I have a 77 MGB Roadster in need of an engine rebuild.
I'm aware of a few companies offering Rover V-8 conversions and some
Ford conversions.  I'd like to put in a Chevy small-block but have'nt had
much luck tracking down a company selling such a conversion.

Question:
        Is a Chevy conversion available for the MGB?
        Is $1100 a good price for the Rover conversion?

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom from the veterans of the group.

Kevin Paisley
Univ. of Pittsburgh