Re: British Cars Digest #704 Tue Jan 19 01:15:02 MST 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #704 Tue Jan 19 01:15:02 MST 1993
From: Dustin Kassman <dhk@hpcvusc.cv.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 93 13:48:07 -0800
John Upham writes:

ju> I suppose if all roads were dead straight the answer would be less
ju> clear but thankfully they have bends in and in BOTH directions unlike
ju> INDY-CART:

The CART IndyCar series consists of 15 races.  Over a third of these
races are conducted on roadcourses.  So, you see, CART Indy cars do turn
both directions.

ju> I wonder if the top (apart from Mansell and Senna) CART
ju> drivers would break any F1 circuit records within a short time of
ju> driving a F1 car?

During the third day of his first test session for McLaren, Michael
Andretti turned a 1:26.6 at Barcelona's Circuit Catalunya, which is
within half a second of Ayrton Senna's qualifying time for last years
Spanish Grand Prix.  Note, Michael was driving a '93-spec car, which has
smaller wheels and tires than Ayrton's '92.  So, perhaps we will get to
see an F1 circuit record fall to a CART driver this year.

                                Dustin Kassman
                                dhk@cv.hp.com
                                Corvallis, Oregon