Re: What is it about these things?

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu (SOL)
Subject: Re: What is it about these things?
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 93 15:41:48 CST
Andrew C. Green writes:

> The LBC does none of the above (particularly if you have neglected to check
> the oil recently). The LBC is a celebration of things mechanical, a chance
> not only to be transported in style, but also to experience the whole process
> of getting there. You are intimately in touch with all the labor, noise, fuss
> and bother going on beneath your feet as thousands of parts do their best to
> stay assembled and propel themselves, and you, down the road. An LBC owner is
> not interested in cars as transportation, he or she is interested in cars as
> artistic, temperamental, complicated, somewhat human entities, with all their
> accompanying faults, foibles, personality quirks, funny noises, horror stories
> and adventures along the way.

Beautifully put!

Surely I'm not the only one who wishes Scott Fisher #1 were still on
this net.  :^(  I feel certain that he and Andy would appreciate each
other in ways the rest of us mere linguistic mortals cannot.

Of course, it has crossed my mind more than once that Andy is really
Scott...
--
T.J. Higgins     | tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com   | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA