Re: Electric Fuel Pumps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: Scott Turner <srt@sun-dimas.aero.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1993 13:09:55 -0800
I replaced the Lucas fool pump in my MGB this summer with one from
JC Witless.  Much tinier and mounted differently, but seems to perform
okay.  Strangely enough, I now have the traditional "ticking" fuel
pump; the Lucas pump was never audible.

Latest misadventure is that the alternator died.  I put on a rebuilt
one from an auto parts store about 2 years ago.  Unfortunately, new
alternators aren't available, but this time I'm getting a rebuilt from
Victoria British on the hope that it will be somewhat better quality.
I'd get one from Moss but they're asking $170!

                                        -- Scott T.