Race Car for Sale

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Race Car for Sale
From: miq@chromavac.corp.sgi.com (Miq Millman)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 91 17:33:47 PDT
Bob Bowens mentioned that he was looking for a race car.  I told him about
Car Zero being for sale, here is what I sent as a first attempt of information
about it.  I'm sending it to the lists mainly for finder's fee action.

Car Zero was built and prepared by Don Janda in 1987.  It went to Nat'ls in
1988 and 1989 driven by his son Tony (I think....).  Its a 1962 Mk II Sprite
with a 1274 .040" over.  Custom BHP suspension, painted Porsche Indian Red,
basically every piece of TRS that works right, fibreglass bugeye bonnett.
I once made a list of everything it has, but I don't keep it at work.  If you
have heard of a some TRS and are wondering if it has it the answer is probably
yes.  It doesn't have straight cut gears, or double bearing hubs.  The engine
dyno's at 120 hp AT THE WHEELS!!!  It's quite a handfull.  I'm looking to get
somewhere close to what I put in to it so far (extra set of axels, new diff,
new gasket sets, new hoses, new starter, etc plus the original purchase price
of $7500).  Currently I'm looking for $7350 with trailer available.  I am open
to trades/partial trades/offers/and $100 finders fee if you find a buyer.

This is the nicest Sprite you'll ever see.  I took it to the Palo Alto All
British meet and had people run home to get camcorders to make videos of it.
Now that I think about it, that was probably to duplicate what it has.....

--

Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041