Where's the voltage stabilizer on TR6

To: key@cs.utk.edu
Subject: Where's the voltage stabilizer on TR6
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 91 08:05:04 CDT
I'll have to look at the electrical diagrams again to
figure out what you are talking about...

I have seen one electrical problem on 50% of the TR6's
that people complain about the electrical systems.. and
its REALLY dumb.  Check the ground wire from the battery,
it should stop at the firewall near the accelarator linkage
and attach with a bolt (clean electrical connection!) and
proceed to the bolt on the engine/trans housing.  Without
this, the whole harness ground floats and the world becomes
dim quickly.

Let me know what the volatage stabilizer looks like and a
part number or something and I'll look it up.  I have been
over most of the wiring due to a 250 with a burnt harness.

I am going to suggest something to cure the overheating...
Remove the radiator, have it cored and cleaned, repaint
with good black engine paint and reinstall.  Use distilled
water with 50% anti-freeze (1 gallon) and a new radiator cap
and thermostat.  You can get the thermostat at a parts
place (180 degree), while the cap MUST come from TRF.

If you will wait 1 week, I will let you know as my second one
started overheating 6 months ago...  The first one NEVER overheats
after the above was done.

Starting on the second one this week.

Roger