Re: Spit 1500 cylinder heads

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: Spit 1500 cylinder heads
From: mit-eddie!hoosier.utah.edu!mjb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 90 17:02:38 -0600
:: I'd imagine that you'd need to do both to get things up to 9:1, so start
:: saving up for an earlier cylinder head unless you can shave off a bunch
:: of metal from the head without risking entry into a water passage.

The Spit 1500 heads can have roughly 0.150" shaved off before you have to
start to worry about things like water passages.  I may be investigating
the Spitfire 1500 motor a bit more this fall and winter.  Assuming I don't
get too involved in other 4 cylinders, or even 6 cylinder projects in the
near future.

Gee, I still haven't figured out if the original poster wanted to raise a
7.5 engine to 9.0, or drop the 9.0 to a 7.5, or what?  I thought for sure
Jim Muller would have said a bit or two about Spit motors by now!

mjb.